Jumat, 21 Juni 2013

Courageous



Two days ago, I watched this movie called courageous, and thought that I would share it to this blog, since I had nothing to write on this blog. Cause, if I do not write anything, I will get fined :P. Well, uhm!

Story line (taken from IMBd)

Four men, one calling: To serve and protect. As law enforcement officers, they face danger every day. Yet when tragedy strikes close to home, these fathers are left wrestling with their hopes, their fears, and their faith. From this struggle will come a decision that changes all of their lives. With action, drama, and humor, the fourth film from Sherwood Pictures embraces God's promise to "turn the hearts of fathers to their children, and the hearts of children to their fathers." Souls will be stirred, and hearts will be challenged to be ... courageous! ... Anonymous

During the playing, I could not stop thinking "when I get chance to go back to my hometown, I will definitely watch this again with my family" or "one day, If it is God's willing that I will get married with someone, my future husband must be someone who loves Him more than me". Some things like that. 

One of parts that I like is the resolution. Here is the resolution; 

I DO solemnly resolve before God to take full responsibility for myself, my wife, and my children. I WILL love them, protect them, serve them, and teach them the Word of God as the spiritual leader of my home. I WILL be faithful to my wife, to love and honor her, and be willing to lay down my life for her as Jesus Christ did for me. I WILL bless my children and teach them to love God with all of their hearts, all of their minds, and all of their strength. I WILL train them to honor authority and live responsibly. I WILL confront evil, pursue justice, and love mercy. I WILL pray for others and treat them with kindness, respect, and compassion. I WILL work diligently to provide for the needs of my family. I WILL forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged. I WILL learn from my mistakes, repent of my sins, and walk with integrity as a man answerable to God. I WILL seek to honor God, be faithful to His church, obey His Word, and do His will. I WILL courageously work with the strength God provides to fulfill this resolution for the rest of my life and for His glory. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. ---Joshua 24:15


Due to my businesses, I'm going to stop right now. If later I get chance, I will edit some parts. At least I've contributed something. Thanks! :)



YTDM







2 komentar:

  1. I almost watched it a few times ago. If you don't mind, may I borrow or copy it?
    For sure your writing of it has awaken my willingness to watch it.

    Life is always much better when I make no distance with Him. I say "I" here after I experience some... It's kinda like unforgottable trials or sort of alert.


    The simulation is like this:
    Take a look to a supervisor who is on the 11th floor of his construction. From above, he wants to call his subordinates. He shouts out loud, but no one respond. Perhaps it could be because of the noise. Or because they are too busty to work on their jobs.


    First, the supervisor throws them IDR 1 k. They only take it without consider to take a look to above.

    Second, he throws the greater value. How much? IDR 100 k. Hmmm. How dare they are! They still do not take a look to above. They only take the money and shout out loud and jump happily.

    Third, he throws a small stone. Directly. Without any suspend those subordinates take a look to above while curse at the one who threw it.


    It what God always does to His believers who sometime somehow forget Him...

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. :D Right. Relationship with God must be done daily, not as a routinity but as a need.

      Sure, you can copy it when we meet on our weekly meeting. please remind me before :D

      Hapus